Whether you are in search of holiday gifts, a unique hostess gift, or a small token of appreciation for your loved ones, giving handmade gifts from the Woman’s Exchange can help you put a smile on anyone’s face and offer a new memory to treasure.
Our non-profit shop is filled with fantastic handmade gifts created by local artisans and consigners, so you can find something for anyone and make a purchase that you can feel good about.
What We Have in Store
The Woman’s Exchange is famous for our collection of heirloom children’s and infants’ clothing, which is crafted from the finest materials by our talented seamstresses. In addition to cozy clothing for infants and formal wear for youngsters attending special occasions, we have a wide range of gift items sold on consignment from designers and artisans hailing from the greater Memphis area. Here’s a closer look at just some of the unique finds you might pick up in our shop.
- Local artwork – Local pottery, paintings, and sculptures can all be found in our shop with the Woman’s Exchange Art Gallery, which features work from well-known regional artists and up and coming artists who are just beginning to show their artwork publicly.
- Wooden toys – Old fashioned handmade toys may be treasured by children and handed down through families for generations, and we have a great selection of handcrafted wooden toys to choose from.
- Raggedy dolls – Iconic Raggedy dolls are traditionally handmade, and they make perfect gifts for people of all ages, whether you are shopping for a child’s gift or you want to offer a touch of nostalgia to an old friend.
- Baby gifts – Our shop is a leading destination for baby gifts, which include handmade dolls, stuffed animals, blankets, and sweaters. These finely crafted items are made to last, so they may be part of your child’s memory chest for years to come.
- Birdhouses – Birdhouses can be a charming addition to any southern home, and we have an array of styles to choose from for the perfect housewarming gift or small wedding present.
Our Shop’s Mission
With every item we sell, we are following our mission of “helping others help themselves” while supporting the arts and promoting local craftsmanship. To learn more about our mission or see more of our unique handmade gifts, call us at 901-327-5681. You can also visit us in person during shop hours Monday through Friday from 10-4 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10-2 p.m. from October through December.